Global provider of energy management solutions and services Schneider Electric announced today (Monday, March 31, 2014) that it was now able to "develop custom, cloud-based energy management and sustainability software for customers across diversified industries" due to its partnership with Microsoft.
"By combining the technology foundation of Schneider Electric's StruxureWare Resource Advisor on the Microsoft Windows Azure cloud platform, the companies can deliver best in class technology tools that improve the performance of customer processes and operations," said Schneider Electric executives in a media statement released today. "By expanding Schneider Electric's ability to rapidly deploy public, private and hybrid cloud solutions, the partnership with Microsoft enables increased innovation in energy efficiency, accelerating development, reducing costs and increasing reliability and security of global offers for customers."
Commenting on this announcement, Schneider Electric's CTO Pascal Brosset stressed the customisability of the tools needed by enterprises today. "We are seeing a major shift in the industry away from one-size-fits-all solutions, and the cloud-enabled capabilities of the combined StruxureWare Resource Advisor and Windows Azure technology allow us to deliver right-sized tools based on customers' specific energy management needs," he said. "By leveraging key aspects of our respective technologies, we're able to produce high performance, cloud-based solutions, creating true value and competitive advantages for customers across multiple industries."
Schneider Electric executives said StruxureWare Resource Advisors currently offers deploying enterprises the following:-
- "Accelerated deployment with instant access to online, web-accessible sustainability and energy management software."
- "Global reach and low cost of entry as software tools can be scaled quickly, replicated and rolled out globally with local language support."
- "Ability to leverage installed investments with secure cloud connectivity to existing onsite facility energy metering, monitoring and building management systems."
- "Increased mobility for employees to access information wherever they are, rather than having to remain at their desks."
- "Flexible system architecture based on open standards and protocols, [which promotes] systems integration."